Saturday, May 25, 2013

A day in the life

I decided to deviate from the general guidelines that most of my blogs adhere to...meaning no lessons being pounded into your heads today, no I am wondrous,and you must bow before me, just a pervy view into my life as it was lived today.

This morning I woke extremely early and gathered up bags to drop off at a friend's home which will be transported to a local women's shelter,surprise surprise I do have a heart :),and this is actually one of my favorite charities,so I am always collecting and procuring items that will mean much more to the recipient than they would to me. I have always striven to give more than I receive,which I am sure goes against the findom creed for a Goddess,but then a Goddess can do as she pleases yes?

Once that errand was complete,my alpha and I packed a simple picnic lunch of fried chicken,baked beans,and fresh strawberries in my basket. We then jumped in his vehicle for a road trip up north in Kansas. It was a supremely beautiful out today,so we rolled down the windows,cranked up the norah jones tunes,and basked in the bliss of getting out of the busy city. Going on road trips always evokes such happy memories since it reminds me of being back home,bet many of you had no idea that I am originally from a small farming community in Illinois,so once you get out of the city limits it looks much the same as where I grew up.

There is something so very elemental about getting back to nature which is what you see when you take the time to drive the scenic route. If you are anything like me,then you know how peaceful it is to drive through the country with the wind teasing your flesh,and the sunlight kissing your lips.

This is something I absolutely love doing. I leave my phone at home,and allow all of the stress to drift away with the passing clouds. I know that some people cannot even imagine going an entire day without being online,but believe me when I tell you how revitalizing it is to sit back and relax. Usually I am online pretty much from the time I wake until I go to bed,thereby allowing myself to be available for the boys that kneel to me,and those that crave to,so this is a major deviation from my normal routine. My break today though was needed more than it was wanted.

The best part of the day being when we found an old abandoned stone bridge to lunch at. It had a lovely view of a stream below,and with the birds tweeting in the surrounding trees...it felt like heaven on earth. May sound odd to some,but to me it was ideal.

Of course after our meal,I could not resist heading into town for a bit of shopping...yes cliche I know lol,but really I did need a couple of things. After all a Goddess does have needs which must be fulfilled does she not ;D

The day came to a close with us driving back to my house with the sunset illuminating the sky. It was a day that shall remain in my memory for all time..another little grain of sand in my hourglass.

I do hope that you enjoyed your peek into my private life,and that you are all able to gain as much pleasure from the simple things in life as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment