Tuesday, May 22, 2012

submissive vs slave

Today I set to enlighten you with my own personal views on the difference between a submissive vs a slave. Too many times I see these terms used interchangeably,yet for me they are not synonymous.

A submissive holds more control over a power exchange. They retain the ability to say "NO". A conscious choice is made to submit with each and every time that a demand is placed upon them. They decide how much control,and what aspects of their lives that they are willing to cede authority over.

A slave may be submissive,but the definition of a slave is rooted entirely in obedience. A slave relinquishes all rights,and the ability to decline demands. Essentially they are property,yet not in a legal sense. They commit to obey,and if ever they refuse,then the entire dynamic changes into one not defined by slavery,but of submission.

By my own definition there is no such thing as a "sensual slave",and yes I bristle when I see a male define himself as such. A slave obeys across the board,while those that submit only within the bedroom,would be termed submissive,as they are limiting authority of the Dominant.

It is imperative that you decide before approaching a Dominant as to which spectrum you fall into.

No comments:

Post a Comment