Thursday, January 10, 2013

Differing viewpoints

Of late I have seen a good bit of boy bashing when they dare to disagree with a ladies point of view. I will be the first to admit that if a boy speaks in an inappropriate manner, or is outright disrespectful in his phrasing, then yes he is deserving of a set down, but for it to occur merely because he has a differing belief is not justification. Dominance is not an excuse for poor manners, and if you did not know that human beings are entitled to their own opinion irregardless of whether another agrees with it, then you are not living in reality. Our very lives and perspectives are shaped by interactions with others irregardless if their views are in alignment with our own. Therefore a close minded mentality is the antithesis of enlightenment and personal growth. As a human being I am prone to errors, *gasp* even I am not infallible, but rather than accepting this as a negative, I embrace my mistakes as a stepping stone towards success, and one of the best resources for knowledge in the scene are the boys, but if you cut them off at the quick when they offer an opinion, it is a lost opportunity, and losing out is not the desired outcome of findom, now is it?

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Hurray! It always depends on how you are spoken to as a Lady and what it is about. We all have a right to our own opinions. Now if a boy claims he wants to serve me then he needs to mind his manners with me. If we have a difference of opinions that is fine, voice it but know your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice article and comment, i try to have a correct speach with everybody, when a person is not respectful with the Dommen he is in the "vanilla" life not a good person

    ReplyDelete