Thursday, July 11, 2013

Learning to let go

Random thoughts enter my mind at the oddest moments. Most often when I am no where near my pc and able to type them up before they evaporate into my subconscious,alas this evening though I actually had my laptop near the bath,with the milky vanilla scented bubbles coating my flesh,and a glass of chilled white wine in my hand when inspiration struck.

I thought to myself how like a child are those that come to my feet in earnest devotion towards service. As a child we learn to roll over,to crawl,to stand,and eventually walk. In order to walk though we instinctively hold onto whatever is handy to uphold our balance until we are able to walk without aid. Now as to how this relates to domination allow me to elaborate.

A boy comes to a lady petitioning the opportunity to serve usually without full knowledge of what is to come. Of course he will have studied her words,yet that never fully prepares one for the actuality of submitting to his chosen lady. He stands before her a man. Yet the first step down the path shows him that in her service he is no longer a man,but perhaps a pet,a worm,a bitch,a boy. He is taught that a servant does not stand before their owner,instead he kneels in her presence out of respect. His worldly pride snuffed like a candle in the wind as he sinks further to prostrate himself in abject worship. He has now reverted back to the actions of a child in that no longer shall he walk nor stand...he is reduced to crawling for the rewards he once received as the child whom struck out in independence to ambulate alone. Good boy.

Just as a child learns to let go of their parent's hand to become their own person,a boy must learn to take hold of the virtual or actual hand of his owner and let go of who he thought he was. No longer living his life for himself. Becoming dependent upon her for direction in his actions and thoughts. Her word be done. The goal being for a boy to become a slate wiped clean. Open to suggestion and command. Accepting freely that his will is no longer his own.

I say to you now that if you are stubborn or passive to your fate,then you shall never learn to let go,and if you never let go,then you shall never know the sublime serenity of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment