Thursday, March 7, 2013

Making mistakes

Human beings are imperfect creatures thereby prone to mistakes. This is a fact. None of us are without flaws or errors in judgement at times...not even me lol.

After speaking with a very wise fellow lady I realized that I am seen as being an imposing perfection seeking Domme which is accurate, yet not. Sounds confusing, but truly not so. I expect those that serve me to falter...it is all part of the learning process, which I plan accordingly for. The truth be known, is that I am far less lenient, far more demanding, and far less forgiving upon myself when it comes to mistakes then I ever would be with a male in service to me.

Here is an example of what I mean. I had a puppet come to me last week asking to serve, and after a conversation to ascertain that our styles aligned, I agreed to take him on for a probationary period. Now one of my hard and fast requirements is 2 daily check ins. One first thing in the morning, and the other at night. I realize that with work and personal responsibilities that a male may not always be able to interact at great lengths daily, but it takes less than 5 minutes to send off a message.

At first he did quite well, then came a day when there was no morning greeting, to which I sent him a reminder of his duty. He of course apologized, which I accepted, but lo and behold the same mistake was repeated the next day morning and night. Now this time I did remind him of consequences as he had been given a free pass for the initial error. He agreed with the punishment and fines(paltry ones at that) that were levied upon him, but alas the next day was a repeat of the previous. Mind you his excuse for failure had nothing to do with any health issues or emergencies. At this point forgiveness will be costly if given at all.

This is not about expecting him to be perfect, but I know that when I myself err that I do my utmost best not to repeat the behavior which led to it. I take training seriously, and see it as my task to aid a sub/slave to bettering themselves through service, which means not letting things slide. You may be thinking how harsh I seem, but the main point behind daily messages is to ensure for my piece of mind that my pets have woken for the day alive and well, and that they are safely home at night. Does this seem like the behavior of one whom has not a care for their boys?

In closing, it is not perfection I expect from those that come to me, but I do expect them to strive towards learning from the mistakes they make.




No comments:

Post a Comment